School Council Members 2019
All parents are welcome to join the committees and/or working parties. Please contact either the committee chair directly, or via the school office, or the email above for Kate Copping, if you would like to join any of these groups. School Council Meeting dates are: May 29, June 26, July 24, August 28 ,October 23, November 6 all meetings will be held at 7 pm. All are welcome to attend.
Proposed Sub-committee meeting dates for 2019:
The School Council is an elected body of parents and DEECD employees. The School Council is the governing body of the school and has responsibility with the school principal for the operation of the school.
It consists of 11 people they are 3 DE&T and 8 parent representatives. Among the many tasks of our School Council are the requirements to:
1) Determine the education policy of the school within guidelines issued by the Minister:
2) Draw up an annual financial budget
3) Monitor the expenditure of all the school's money
4) Keep buildings and grounds in good repair
5) Recommend improvements and extensions
6) Provide cleaning and sanitation
7) Stimulate parent and community interest in the school
8) Regularly report council's activities to the school community
The school council operates through a number of subcommittees:
Education & Welfare
School Council elections are conducted in February/March each year.Here are the School Council AIMS